Monday, December 22, 2014

#HaneyWeddingDiaries the DETAILS

These details...AHHH!!! The details in our wedding completely make me SWOON! This part of our wedding COMPLETELY came together due to the help of my incredible friends and family. Let me break it down..

 The flowers were made by my grandma. She hand cut and put together the most gorgeous bouquets of felt flowers I have EVER seen. To make them even more special, the night before the wedding, she tacked my great grandma's cross onto the flowers. I can't even begin to explain the comfort that it gave me to have that with me all day. :)



The cakes were made by the sister in law of one of my bridesmaids. There were four and they each had a different flavor. The biggest cake was FUNFETTI which was a really fun surprise. :) My favorite was Rob's grooms cake because it was chocolate with cookies and cream filling. We must'e eaten 12 pieces after the wedding!









The dress was so perfect. :) It was vintage looking and modest in the front with a low back. Every time I put it on in the months leading up to the wedding, I teared up. :) The hanger was a gift from a dear, dear friend from church, Tracy. She found it on my pinterest and special ordered it. She is the most thoughtful person I know. :)


The shoes are the things that inspired the entire wedding. A friend sent me a link to them on Facebook, and an idea was born! 


The rings were both chosen by Rob. :) He surprised me with mine (see engagement story on a past post), and he wanted something a little different, so he chose a ring with a wooden center. It's REALLY cool! 






The paper stuff was all created by my INCREDIBLE best friend Rachelle. She spent countless hours making sure that everything was perfect for our wedding. She made the programs (which had games on them), cootie catchers, signs, save the dates, and invitations. Talent overload!!! :) Oh, and she and some other ladies from church created our favors and Chelle made the tags to go on them. Apples dipped in caramel and chocolate and covered in delicious goodness? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! :)









The backdrop was created by my dad. We LOVED it! We gave him an idea, and he just ran with it. Behind the books is the most gorgeous wood you'll ever see, so after we took it down, we shortened it and created a headboard with it. It's PERFECT! :)





The guest book was a gift from my wonderful maid of honor, my sister Michaela. :) We loved it, and we can't wait to frame it and put it up in our home. 



The decor...OHHHH the decor! My amazing friend Vera jumped onto the idea about decorating for our wedding the moment she found out we were engaged. See, Vera is SUPERWOMAN. She serves at her church and with a nonprofit, she is a counselor, she recently helped set up an autism center, she is the most creative person I know, AND she is beautiful. So NOT fair! LOL Lucky for me, she also has a heart of gold, and was so, so happy to decorate for our wedding. She enlisted her sweet friend Patti K who is THE most loving and wonderful woman I know, and they made MAGIC happen. Vera had been collecting for awhile, and she and Patti K just had a vision that they made come alive at our wedding. Even the man who runs the building where we got married told me that he had never seen a better decorated wedding! What a blessing to have creative and selfless friends! So...here ya go!


























I don't know that we could've chosen a better theme for a wedding. It was quirky and funny and cozy and perfectly us. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment